How important is it to be grounded in the Word of God? Christians without the grounding of the Word of the God are completely lost; they have no direction and no knowledge of the gift of salvation. If we don’t know the absolute truth, then how will we know the lie? Without the truth we have no direction. Truth be told without being grounded in the Word of God, we are on a road to destruction so here are a few ways you can follow to get grounded and rooted in God.
1. Spend some time learning God’s values, applying them in His way and you will find peace beyond all understanding that the bible talks about in John14:27 and Phil4:7.
2. Read the bible, or listen on Audio CD’s, watch and listen on DVD’s.
3. Find a bible believing church, worship and get connected.
4. Join a small group of men who are Christ followers and process life together.
5. Listen to Christian music, and men of God delivering powerful messages on the radio.
6. Allow a man of faith, good character and integrity, to mentor you, to become your accountability partner.
7. Get involved in a weekly or daily devotional.
8. Learn the importance of prayer, and practice it.
9. Become like our Master, Jesus, follow him and copy his life.
10. Be filled with the fullness of God and comprehend the love of Christ.
11. Change from the old sinful man to the new life; abandon the old sins and habits.
12. Keep your commitment to the church, to your family and your work.
13. Learn the facts and truth of the scriptures.
14. Obey what doesn’t always make sense. Don’t live by sight, live by faith. (Colossians 2:7)
15. Love your bible, read it and study it; learn it inside and out.
16. Be grounded in love; be a Christian with substance.
17. See your way through the storm by trusting God to get you through it.
18. Plant yourself in God’s words.
19. Learn God’s principles as given to us in the Living Word of God, the bible and apply them in your life. (James1:22).
20. Develop and know the real love that out lasts your feelings and the performance of the other person.
21. Stop holding on forgiveness – forgive people who have hurt you on the same amount that God has forgiven you and you will be left with everlasting love.
22. Substitute lust and possessions for the truth.
23. Take God at His word, even when you don’t feel like it. You should put God’s Word over your feelings.
24. Strengthen your mind with the truth of God’s word and you will be able to stand any challenge.
25. Keep your roots in God’s hands so that you may be able to grow like a tree.
26. When you find yourself worrying and in fear, find your position in back at the feet of Christ.
27. Learn new ways to operate in life, how to operate from the position of God’s child.
28. Live in His Truth that His lover covers all, it is the foundation and the only source of our life.
29. Develop a lifestyle that is settled in God’s love and not on any other rule or power or philosophy.
30. Practice Matt28:19-20; “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the end of the age”