When god blesses you, he does so; however when the Devil wants to destroy you he will stop at nothing to do it and do it with people that you least except.
Relationships come in different forms, good, bad, with a friend or a boyfriend/girlfriend.
All relationships/ friendship start off good but some how sometimes slowly end up becoming toxic to yourself and to your walk with god. These are the type of relationships that we do not want in our lives because they break us down and turn us into someone that we are not.
“Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character.’”-1 Corinthians 15:33
King Solomon wrote, “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity” (Proverbs 17:17).
A toxic friendship can cause a lot of damage, emotionally, mentally, even physically. Here’s how you can tell the difference.
I have had many instances where I have been in bad relationships, or have had toxic friends that were not doing anything for me but bringing me down. It is not to say that I hate these people because I do not hate or wish bad upon any of these people that have hurt. I just know in my heart that I am moving on from what was bad in my life to what is good. Yes! Letting go is not the easiest thing in the world to do but it is something that we all must do when something is not right for us. Letting go of a relationship does not mean you are letting go of love, or that you don’t love someone anymore. Ending a relationship by Letting go doesn’t mean we will (or should) stop caring about a person, and it doesn’t mean we should be unkind, gossip about them, have anger, bitterness and un-forgiveness, or never talk to a person again.
Psalm 147:3, ESV He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
2 Corinthians 6:14, ESV Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
If you are not married yet, please, please, please, do not marry an unbeliever. Please.
If you are already married to an unbeliever, that’s a different story altogether – Please, pray for their salvation and be an example and a shining light in all you do, by God’s grace. Don’t give up on praying and in believing, and ask God to help you to be patient, loving, kind, gentle and forgiving, to always be an ambassador for Him, and to know how to handle every situation you may encounter in your marriage (as with all marriages). Amen.
Qualities of true friendship Expert from Life Hope and Truth
- True friends are loyal. They stand by you in good and bad times. Proverbs 17:17 says, “A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 18:24 adds, “A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
- In a true friendship, there is reciprocity—a healthy balance of giving and receiving.
- True friends don’t flatter. They tell the truth, even when their honesty may sting. In Proverbs 27:6 King Solomon was inspired to write, “Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”
- A true friend is trustworthy and reliable. You can count on that person to keep your secrets, give you good counsel when you ask for it, and to always speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).
- A true friend is loving—not with a selfish type of love, but with the kind that puts others’ needs first. There is a well-known chapter in the Bible about what real love is. It says, “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things” (1 Corinthians13:4-7).
- A true friend will not try to lead you to do things that are wrong or hurtful, but rather is there to support you and encourage you to make right, healthy and proper choices in your life (Proverbs 1:10-14; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
Women’s Black Leather Coat, Red Lace Sheath Dress, Black Fringe Suede Ankle Boots, Black Wool Tights on Lookastic: Black Leather Coat, Red Lace Sheath Dress, Black Fringe Suede Ankle Boots, Black Wool Tights