Effective Date: January 1, 2018
Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Purpose of Policy
Information We Collect
In operating the Site, we collect personal information from you in three situations. The first is if you sign up to receive a free cheat sheet at which time we collect your e-mail address and name. The second is if you should contact us via the “Contact” page. In doing so, you will be asked to provide us with your name and e-mail address. The third is if you leave a comment on a blog post. In doing so, you may be asked for your name and other information. You are not required to provide us with information via these three methods to use and enjoy the site.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION UNDER THE “GDPR”
As “controllers” under the GDPR, “I AM SHEILA J” will collect, use and store your personal information to enable us to provide you with our goods and/or services. As a controller, we have certain obligations under the GDPR when collecting, storing and using the personal information of individuals based in the EEA. If you are an individual located in the EEA, your personal data will:
– Be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
– Only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
– Be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
– Be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
– Be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected;
– Be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
If you believe we have breached the rights above, and wish to make a complaint please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with full details of this alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
We have the following measures in place, in accordance with the GDPR:
– Data protection policies: We have internal policies in place which set out where and how we collect personal information, how it is stored and where it goes after we get it, in order to protect your personal information.
– Right to ask us to erase your personal information: You may ask us to erase personal information we hold about you.
– Right to ask us to restrict data processing: You may ask us to limit the processing of your personal information where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is wrong (to give us enough time to verify if the information needs to be changed), or where processing data is unlawful and you request us to restrict the processing of personal information rather than it being erased.
You can see more about these rights at:
Our servers automatically recognize visitor’s domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
To opt out of being targeted via these cookies please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
SPONSORS AND ADVERTISERS.
We may decide to accept sponsorships and advertisements on the Site. Should this occur, you should assume said sponsors and advertisers will be given access to the impressions and click data on their marketing pieces. Your personally identifiable information will not be shared with these sponsors or advertisers. Use of Your Information In operating the Site, we may use your data in the following ways:
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to any third parties other than those that we use to facilitate the functioning of the Site, such as a hosting company and e-mail program for mailings.
We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
Promotions or advertisements displayed on the Site may contain cookies. We do not have access to or control over information collected by outside advertisers on the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may disclose any information we have for you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary under the following circumstances:
(i) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served upon us;
(ii) to protect and defend our rights, property or the users of the Site; and
(iii) to act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
SALE OF INFORMATION.
In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell portions of the Site or our company, including the information collected through this Site. If Lee or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, user information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
The Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss to you or to any third party arising
Third Party Websites
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices related to the Site, please feel free to contact us using the “Contact” link here.
Updates & Changes